Author Question: Sleep terrors usually occur only once a night, during stages 3 and 4 of NREM sleep. They are often ... (Read 154 times)

brutforce

Sleep terrors usually occur only once a night, during stages 3 and 4 of NREM sleep. They are often accompanied by these physical signs:

1. intense stress.
  2. sexual arousal.
  3. physical strength.
  4. intense motor activity.

Question 2

A new patient beginning an alcoholism rehabilitation program says, I'm just a social drinker. I usually have one drink at lunch, two in the afternoon, wine at dinner, and a few drinks during the evening..

Select the nurse's most therapeutic responses. Select all that apply. a. I see, and use interested silence.
  b. I think you are drinking more than you report..
  c. Social drinkers have one or two drinks, once or twice a week..
  d. You describe drinking steadily throughout the day and evening..
  e. Your comments show denial of the seriousness of your problem..

yahahah24021

Answer to Question 1

Sleep terrors are often accompanied by the physical signs of intense stress, such as increased heart rate, respirations, and muscle tone.

Answer to Question 2

C, D
The correct answers give information, summarize and validate what the patient reported, but are not strongly confrontational. Defenses cannot be removed until healthier coping strategies are in place. Strong confrontation does not usually take place so early in the program.