This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The concerns of children diagnosed with terminal conditions focus on how the illness affects the ... (Read 60 times)

FButt

The concerns of children diagnosed with terminal conditions focus on how the illness affects the child's

1. loss of a future.
  2. family and friends.
  3. social activities.
  4. activities of daily living.

Question 2

A patient says, I dreamed I was stoned. When I woke up, I felt emotionally drained, as though I hadn't rested well. Which comment would be appropriate if the nurse seeks clarification?

a. It sounds as though you were uncomfortable with the content of your dream.
  b. I understand what you're saying. Bad dreams leave me feeling tired, too.
  c. So, all in all, you feel as though you had a rather poor night's sleep?
  d. Can you give me an example of what you mean by stoned?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chelseyj.hasty

Answer to Question 1

Immediate concerns focus on how the illness affects the activities of daily living and limits their abilities.

Answer to Question 2

D
The technique of clarification is therapeutic and helps the nurse examine meaning. The distracters focus on patient feelings but fail to clarify the meaning of the patient's comment.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library