This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The concerns of children diagnosed with terminal conditions focus on how the illness affects the ... (Read 62 times)

FButt

The concerns of children diagnosed with terminal conditions focus on how the illness affects the child's

1. loss of a future.
  2. family and friends.
  3. social activities.
  4. activities of daily living.

Question 2

A patient says, I dreamed I was stoned. When I woke up, I felt emotionally drained, as though I hadn't rested well. Which comment would be appropriate if the nurse seeks clarification?

a. It sounds as though you were uncomfortable with the content of your dream.
  b. I understand what you're saying. Bad dreams leave me feeling tired, too.
  c. So, all in all, you feel as though you had a rather poor night's sleep?
  d. Can you give me an example of what you mean by stoned?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chelseyj.hasty

Answer to Question 1

Immediate concerns focus on how the illness affects the activities of daily living and limits their abilities.

Answer to Question 2

D
The technique of clarification is therapeutic and helps the nurse examine meaning. The distracters focus on patient feelings but fail to clarify the meaning of the patient's comment.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library