This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is talking with a patient, and 5 minutes remain in the session. This patient has been silent ... (Read 45 times)

berenicecastro

A nurse is talking with a patient, and 5 minutes remain in the session. This patient has been silent most of the session. Another patient interrupts and says to the nurse, I really need to talk to you. The nurse should:

a. invite the interrupting patient to join the session with the current patient.
  b. tell the interrupting patient, This session is 5 more minutes, then I will talk with you.
  c. say to the interrupting patient, I am not available to talk with you at the present time.
  d. end the unproductive session with the current patient. Spend time with the next patient.

Question 2

A patient is referred to the visiting nurse agency due to cognitive impairment. Which functional problems is this patient most likely to exhibit?

a. Inability to bathe and dress independently
  b. Wandering in and away from his home
  c. Lability of moods, from sociable to irritable
  d. Becomes frustrated easily

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kilada

Answer to Question 1

B
When a specific duration for sessions has been set, the nurse must adhere to the schedule. Leaving the first patient would be abandonment and may destroy trust the patient had in the nurse. Adhering to the contract demonstrates that the nurse can be trusted and that the patient and the sessions are important. The distracters violate terms of the contract.

Answer to Question 2

A
Inability to bathe and dress suggests apraxia, the loss of ability to perform purposeful movements even though motor or sensory function are intact. For example, the patient may have impaired executive function and no longer be able to organize the steps and supplies necessary to complete activities of daily living. The other symptoms are less directly attributable to loss of cognitive ability.

berenicecastro

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library