This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with anorexia nervosa in outpatient treatment has begun refeeding. Between the first and ... (Read 156 times)

Garrulous

A patient with anorexia nervosa in outpatient treatment has begun refeeding. Between the first and second appointment, the patient gained 8 pounds. The nurse should:

a. praise the weight gain.
  b. assess lung sounds and extremities.
  c. suggest implementation of an exercise program.
  d. establish a higher target for weight gain for the next week.

Question 2

How should the nurse respond if a patient says, Please don't share information about me with the other people?

a. I cannot tell anyone about you. We can help each other by keeping it between us.
  b. I won't share information with your family or friends without your permission, but I will share information with other staff.
  c. It depends on what you choose to tell me. I will be glad to disclose at the end of each session what I will report to other staff.
  d. Therapeutic relationships are between the nurse and the patient. It's up to you to tell others what you want them to know.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittanywood

Answer to Question 1

B
Weight gain of more than 2 to 5 pounds weekly may overwhelm the heart's capacity to pump, leading to cardiac failure. The nurse must assess for signs of pulmonary edema and congestive heart failure. The other options are undesirable because they increase the risk for cardiac complications.

Answer to Question 2

B
A patient has the right to know with whom the nurse will share information and that confidentiality will be protected. Although the relationship is primarily between the nurse and patient, other staff needs to know pertinent data. The relationship must be patient centered and have clear boundaries.

Garrulous

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library