This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement is most likely from a patient with anorexia nervosa? a. I'm fat and ugly.. b. I ... (Read 47 times)

gbarreiro

Which statement is most likely from a patient with anorexia nervosa?

a. I'm fat and ugly..
  b. I have nice eyes..
  c. I'm thin for my height..
  d. My mother is doesn't pay much attention to me..

Question 2

A patient has these nursing diagnoses. Prioritize them, beginning with the highest priority.

A. Social isolation
  B. Spiritual distress
  C. Self-care deficit syndrome

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mcabuhat

Answer to Question 1

A
Patients with eating disorders have body image distortions and perceive themselves as overweight, even when their weight is subnormal. Poor self-image precludes making positive statements about self. Many patients with eating disorders see supportive others as intrusive and out of tune with their needs.

Answer to Question 2

1 . C
2 . A
3 . B
Nursing diagnoses are prioritized according to Maslow. Self-care deficit syndrome reflects physiological function. Social isolation reflects love and belonging. Spiritual distress may reflect either self-concept or self-actualization.

mcabuhat

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library