This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient, aged 82 years, has Alzheimer's disease. She lives with her daughter's family and goes to ... (Read 56 times)

clmills979

A patient, aged 82 years, has Alzheimer's disease. She lives with her daughter's family and goes to a day care facility on weekdays. The family cares for her during the evening and at night.

Noting the patient had several bruises, the nurse discussed her observations with the daughter, who became defensive and said that her mother was very difficult to manage because she is confused and wanders all night. She says the bruises resulted from a fall down stairs. The daughter states, I have lost my mother, and I cannot bear it anymore. It is wrecking my family.. The nursing intervention that should take priority is: a. teaching the daughter more about the effects of Alzheimer's disease.
  b. identifying two options for caregiver respite and care assistance at night.
  c. supporting the daughter to grieve the loss of her mother's ability to function.
  d. teaching the family how to give physical care more effectively and efficiently.

Question 2

Infants who experience nurturing environments develop the ability to:

a. Test others.
  b. Trust others.
  c. Manipulate others.
  d. Model others' behaviors.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

b614102004

Answer to Question 1

B
The patient's daughter and her family were coping with care until the patient began to wander more at night. The family needs assistance with evening and night care to resume their pre-crisis state of functioning. They would benefit from periodic respite from the demands of caregiving in order to reduce distress within the family. Secondary prevention calls for the nurse to mobilize community resources to relieve overwhelming stress. The other interventions may be accomplished thereafter.

Answer to Question 2

B
When the infant's needs are consistently met, a sense of trust and self-worth develops.

clmills979

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library