This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hospice patient tells the nurse, Life has been good. I am proud of being self-educated. I overcame ... (Read 37 times)

james

A hospice patient tells the nurse, Life has been good. I am proud of being self-educated. I overcame adversity and always gave my best. I intend to die as I lived: optimistic..

The nurse planning care for this patient would recognize the importance of: a. providing aggressive pain and symptom management.
  b. helping the patient reassess and explore existing conflicts.
  c. assisting the patient to focus on the meaning in life and death.
  d. supporting the patient's use of own resources to meet challenges.

Question 2

The patient on the mental health unit who should be assessed as being at highest risk for directing violent behavior toward others is the patient who has:

a. obsessive-compulsive disorder and performs many rituals.
  b. paranoid delusions of being followed by the Mafia.
  c. severe depression with feelings of worthlessness and self-loathing.
  d. completed alcohol withdrawal and is now in a rehabilitation program.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yahahah24021

Answer to Question 1

D
The patient whose intrinsic strength and endurance have been a hallmark often wishes to approach dying by staying optimistic and in control. Helping such patients use their own resources to meet challenges would be appropriate.

Answer to Question 2

B
A patient who has paranoid ideation or delusions may feel threatened and respond violently toward those believed to represent a danger. Impaired reality testing also reduces the person's ability to accurately perceive the world around him and can impair judgment. The other situations are not usually associated with a higher risk of violence.

james

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

DylanD1323

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library