Author Question: A 55-year-old patient is recuperating from a myocardial infarction. At a follow-up visit to his ... (Read 44 times)

stock

A 55-year-old patient is recuperating from a myocardial infarction. At a follow-up visit to his physician's office, he tells the nurse practitioner, I haven't had much interest in sex since my heart attack.

My wife is wondering if something's wrong with me. The truth is, I know having sex puts a strain on my heart, and I don't know if my heart is strong enough.. The nursing diagnosis for this patient would be: a. Sexual dysfunction related to self-esteem disturbance.
  b. Sexual dysfunction related to knowledge deficit.
  c. Disturbed body image related to lifestyle changes.
  d. Disturbed body image related to treatment side effects.

Question 2

A female client with a chronic mental health disorder tells the nurse that she has great difficulty every morning getting ready for work because she cannot decide what to wear to work or what to eat for breakfast. This client is experiencing:

a. Auditory hallucinations
  b. Altered thought processes
  c. Delusions of grandeur
  d. Chronic low self-esteem

Zack0mack0101@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

B
Patients who have had a myocardial infarction often believe sexual intercourse will cause another heart attack. These patients should receive information about when sexual activity may begin, positions that conserve energy, and so forth. The scenario does not suggest self-esteem disturbance. The scenario describes sexual dysfunction rather than disturbed body image.

Answer to Question 2

B
Commonly experienced with chronic mental illness is an altered thought process, which disrupts the individual's ability to think clearly, problem-solve, or make plans. Auditory hallucinations refer to hearing false sounds; delusions of grandeur refer to a false fixed belief of elevated self-worth; and chronic low self-esteem often is experienced by these individuals because they feel helpless and hopeless, but this option does not lend itself to the situation.