This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Psychiatric clients have a right to 1. refuse treatment. 2. adjust their medications. 3. ... (Read 22 times)

nelaaney

Psychiatric clients have a right to

1. refuse treatment.
  2. adjust their medications.
  3. determine their treatment.
  4. refuse to accept their diagnosis.

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, I'm told that I should reduce the stress in my life, but I have no idea where to start.. Which would be the best initial nursing response?

a. Why not start by learning to meditate? That technique will cover everything..
  b. In cases like yours, physical exercise works to elevate mood and reduce anxiety..
  c. Reading about stress and how to manage it might be a good place to start..
  d. Let's talk about what is going on in your life and then look at possible options..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dudman123

Answer to Question 1

An example of a right

Answer to Question 2

D
In this case, the nurse lacks information about what stressors the patient is coping with or about what coping skills already possessed. As a result, further assessment is indicated before potential solutions can be explored. Suggesting further exploration of the stress facing the patient is the only option that involves further assessment rather than suggesting a particular intervention.

nelaaney

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

sarah_brady415

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library