This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Psychiatric clients have a right to 1. refuse treatment. 2. adjust their medications. 3. ... (Read 23 times)

nelaaney

Psychiatric clients have a right to

1. refuse treatment.
  2. adjust their medications.
  3. determine their treatment.
  4. refuse to accept their diagnosis.

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, I'm told that I should reduce the stress in my life, but I have no idea where to start.. Which would be the best initial nursing response?

a. Why not start by learning to meditate? That technique will cover everything..
  b. In cases like yours, physical exercise works to elevate mood and reduce anxiety..
  c. Reading about stress and how to manage it might be a good place to start..
  d. Let's talk about what is going on in your life and then look at possible options..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dudman123

Answer to Question 1

An example of a right

Answer to Question 2

D
In this case, the nurse lacks information about what stressors the patient is coping with or about what coping skills already possessed. As a result, further assessment is indicated before potential solutions can be explored. Suggesting further exploration of the stress facing the patient is the only option that involves further assessment rather than suggesting a particular intervention.

nelaaney

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library