This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The characteristic of genuineness helps in establishing a therapeutic relationship with a client. ... (Read 40 times)

asmith134

The characteristic of genuineness helps in establishing a therapeutic relationship with a client. Which nurse response is the best example of a display of genuineness to a client who is going through a difficult divorce?

a. I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I divorced 2 years ago because of his infidelity.
  b. Divorcing my husband was the best thing I ever did.
  c. I have friends who have gone through a divorce. It must be difficult for you.
  d. I am sorry that you have to go through this difficult time.

Question 2

A woman presents with a history of physical and emotional abuse in her intimate relationships. What should this information lead a nurse to suspect?

1. The woman may be exhibiting a controlled response pattern.
  2. The woman may have a history of childhood neglect.
  3. The woman may be exhibiting codependent characteristics.
  4. The woman may be a victim of incest.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahchrapun

Answer to Question 1

C
This response shows the client sincerity and honesty, which are components of being genuine. The nurse should not offer too much personal information, such as providing information about her own divorce. When the nurse says that she is sorry that the client is experiencing the difficult time, it is an example of a sympathetic response.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should suspect that this client may be a victim of incest. Many women who are battered have low self-esteem and have feelings of guilt, anger, fear, and shame. Women in abusive relationships often grew up in an abusive home.

asmith134

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library