This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The characteristic of genuineness helps in establishing a therapeutic relationship with a client. ... (Read 42 times)

asmith134

The characteristic of genuineness helps in establishing a therapeutic relationship with a client. Which nurse response is the best example of a display of genuineness to a client who is going through a difficult divorce?

a. I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I divorced 2 years ago because of his infidelity.
  b. Divorcing my husband was the best thing I ever did.
  c. I have friends who have gone through a divorce. It must be difficult for you.
  d. I am sorry that you have to go through this difficult time.

Question 2

A woman presents with a history of physical and emotional abuse in her intimate relationships. What should this information lead a nurse to suspect?

1. The woman may be exhibiting a controlled response pattern.
  2. The woman may have a history of childhood neglect.
  3. The woman may be exhibiting codependent characteristics.
  4. The woman may be a victim of incest.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahchrapun

Answer to Question 1

C
This response shows the client sincerity and honesty, which are components of being genuine. The nurse should not offer too much personal information, such as providing information about her own divorce. When the nurse says that she is sorry that the client is experiencing the difficult time, it is an example of a sympathetic response.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should suspect that this client may be a victim of incest. Many women who are battered have low self-esteem and have feelings of guilt, anger, fear, and shame. Women in abusive relationships often grew up in an abusive home.

asmith134

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library