This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states, I have come to the conclusion that this disease has not paralyzed me. The nurse ... (Read 25 times)

Alygatorr01285

A client states, I have come to the conclusion that this disease has not paralyzed me. The nurse recognizes that this client is in which stage of the Psychological Recovery Model as described by Andersen and associates?

1. Moratorium
  2. Awareness
  3. Preparation
  4. Rebuilding

Question 2

The belief of the ancient Greek philosopher Plato that the rational soul controlled the irrational soul could be compared with the belief of the more recent psychological theorist:

a. Freud
  b. Pinel
  c. Fisher
  d. Rush

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

verrinzo

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Andresen and associates have conceptualized a five-stage model of recovery called the Psychological Recovery Model. The stages include: Stage 1: Moratorium, Stage 2: Awareness, Stage 3: Preparation, Stage 4: Rebuilding, and Stage 5: Growth. In the awareness stage, the individual comes to a realization that a possibility for recovery exists. Andresen and associates state, It involves an awareness of a possible self other than that of sick person': a self that is capable of recovery.

Answer to Question 2

A
Sigmund Freud believed that mental illness was, in part, caused by forces both within and outside the personality. Philippe Pinel advocated acceptance of mentally ill individuals as human beings in need of medical assistance. Alice Fisher was a Florence Nightingale nurse who cared for the mentally ill, and Dr. Benjamin Rush was the author of the book, Diseases of the Mind.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library