This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A depressed client states, I have a chemical imbalance in my brain. I have no control over my ... (Read 31 times)

hbsimmons88

A depressed client states, I have a chemical imbalance in my brain. I have no control over my behavior. Medications are my only hope to feel normal again. Which nursing response is appropriate?

1. Medications only address biological factors. Environmental and interpersonal factors must also be considered.2. Because biological factors are the sole cause of depression, medications will improve your mood.3. Environmental factors have been shown to exert the most influence in the development of depression.4. Researchers have been unable to demonstrate a link between nature (biology and genetics) and nurture (environment).

Question 2

It is never right to take something that doesn't belong to you. According to Sigmund Freud, this statement reflects the predominance of the _______________ structure of the personality.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jadwiga9

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The nurse should advise the client that medications address biological factors, but there are other factors that affect mood. The nurse should educate the client on environmental and interpersonal factors that can lead to depression.

Answer to Question 2

superego
Rationale: According to Sigmund Freud, the statement It is never right to take something that doesn't belong to you reflects the predominance of the superego structure of the personality. Freud organized the structure of personality into three major components: the id, the ego, and the superego, which are distinguished by their unique functions and different characteristics. The superego is the perfection principle, in which the values and morals set forth by primary caregivers are internalized.

hbsimmons88

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bigcheese9

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library