This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse that their spouse does not believe that medications are needed to improve ... (Read 77 times)

rachel9

The client tells the nurse that their spouse does not believe that medications are needed to improve depression. What nursing response would be most helpful in improving the client's medication adherence?

1. Suggest that the spouse's views are not important
  2. Ask the client to consider marriage counseling
  3. Tell the client to ignore the spouse
  4. Include the spouse in medication teaching

Question 2

A nurse reviews the chart of a client seen at the nursing clinic for treatment of tension headache. Which client complaint did the nurse enter into the nursing record?

1. When the music plays so loud, my head starts to pound.
  2. My whole cheek hurts, and it feels like I have bruising under my eye.
  3. Usually there is just this steady pressure around my entire head.
  4. I can tell it's coming on; sometimes I vomit before it hits.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nickk12214

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Lack of support from significant others can contribute to medication nonadherence. Partnering with the family may help the family to be supportive. It is difficult to ignore one's spouse, and there is no evidence that marriage counseling is needed at this point. Usually the views of one's significant others are important.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Steady pressure in the head expresses the classic symptom of tension headache. Vomiting prior to the onset of the headache is more typical of a migraine. Facial pain could be expressing a disease-related headache. A headache after hearing loud music is more typical of a conversion headache.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library