This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is talking to a client about their medications. The client tells the nurse that one of the ... (Read 23 times)

corkyiscool3328

A nurse is talking to a client about their medications. The client tells the nurse that one of the medications on the list is on a negative formulary list and asks what this means. What is the best response by the nurse?

1. This means the medication can only be dispensed using the trade name medication.
  2. This means the medication can only be dispensed using the generic medication.
  3. This means the medication cannot be dispensed until the order is verified with the physician a second time before dispensing the trade name medication.
  4. This means the medication can be dispensed as either the generic or trade name medication.

Question 2

The nurse who is presenting community education about cancer prevention would evaluate understanding of the message when he overhears which statements at the break?

1. I've been thinking about trying a vegetarian diet. Now may be a good time.
  2. I am going to call my doctor and schedule a pap smear.
  3. I think I will start taking vitamin A and selenium.
  4. I've never been a drinker, but I am going to start drinking a glass of wine with dinner.
  5. I am going to read the label on that new bottle of sunscreen I bought.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

onowka

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: A negative formulary is a list of trade name drugs that pharmacists may not dispense as generic drugs.
Rationale 2: A negative formulary is a list of trade name drugs that pharmacists may not dispense as generic drugs.
Rationale 3: A negative formulary is a list of trade name drugs that pharmacists may not dispense as generic drugs.
Rationale 4: A negative formulary is a list of trade name drugs that pharmacists may not dispense as generic drugs.

Global Rationale: A negative formulary is a list of trade name drugs that pharmacists may not dispense as generic drugs.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: It is not necessary to become a vegetarian, but following a plant-based diet may help to reduce risk of cancer.
Rationale 2: Regular screenings will help catch changes that may become malignant.
Rationale 3: Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is not shown to reduce cancer risk.
Rationale 4: The patient who does not already drink alcohol should not start drinking. Those who do drink alcohol should limit or eliminate its use.
Rationale 5: Sunscreen use is recommended to help prevent skin cancer.

Global Rationale: It is not necessary to become a vegetarian, but following a plant-based diet may help to reduce risk of cancer. Regular screenings will help catch changes that may become malignant. Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is not shown to reduce cancer risk. The patient who does not already drink alcohol should not start drinking. Those who do drink alcohol should limit or eliminate its use. Sunscreen use is recommended to help prevent skin cancer.

corkyiscool3328

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

isabelt_18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library