This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse manager is mentoring a junior nurse. The junior nurse models everything after the manager, ... (Read 33 times)

Deast7027

A nurse manager is mentoring a junior nurse. The junior nurse models everything after the manager, and even dresses like the manager. How would the manager address the junior nurse's identification?

1. You can just have a copy of my plans.
  2. I appreciate you wanting my help, but these plans have to represent your personal desires and goals.
  3. You're becoming too dependent on me. Can't you just think for yourself?
  4. I'll be glad to look over your work after you come up with some of your own ideas.

Question 2

Some clients are at increased risk of being dually diagnosed with a mental health disorder and a substance abuse disorder.

The client with a mental health disorder that is more likely to exhibit substance abuse in an attempt to avoid traumatic memories is the client with: 1. PTSD.
  2. Dissociative fugue.
  3. OCD.
  4. Generalized anxiety disorder.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

af

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Offering to look at the junior nurse's work after it is written is the best approach because it encourages initiative without entirely stripping away the junior nurse's sense of security. Suggesting the junior nurse is too dependent and cannot think for him or herself is a harsh confrontation of identification which will increase the junior nurse's anxiety. Suggesting that the junior nurse needs to develop a personal plan helps clarify expectations but does not offer initial support. Offering a copy of plans does not do anything to address identification and may be threatening to the junior nurse as it could sound critical.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Substance abuse is found in many clients with PTSD as they try to suppress traumatic memories. OCD, generalized anxiety disorders, and dissociative fugue disorders do not have a high level of traumatic memories.

Deast7027

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library