This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is leading a support group for girls who were sexually abused by their stepfathers. Each ... (Read 25 times)

Haya94

A nurse is leading a support group for girls who were sexually abused by their stepfathers. Each girl made a statement to the group about the experience. The nurse recognizes intellectualization in one of the girls' remarks.

Which statement did the girl make? 1. If my mother hadn't married him, it never would have happened.
  2. I can't remember much of the details.
  3. Sexual abuse happens all of the time in families with stepfathers.
  4. I don't think my stepfather meant me any harm.

Question 2

When discussing indicators of emotionally disturbed children or children with disruptive behavior disorders with a group of student nurses, the psychiatric nurse states that one of the best indicators of emotionally disturbed children is that

they have difficulty: 1. Seeking out peers.
  2. Digesting a balanced diet.
  3. Interpreting internal stimuli or external cues.
  4. Following rules and norms of behavior.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

perkiness

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Stating that sexual abuse happens frequently in families with stepfathers is an example of intellectualization, the separation of an emotion from an idea or thought because it is too painful to be acknowledged. Stating that the stepfather meant no harm is an example of rationalization. Stating that it would not have happened if her mother had not married him is an example of projection. Stating that details are vague is an example of repression.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The central feature of a conduct disorder is repetitive and persistent behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate societal norms or rules are violated. Look for behaviors that show aggression toward people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, or serious violations of parental or school rules. The ability to digest a balanced diet is not an indicator of an emotionally disturbed child. Children with a conduct disorder tend to find peers with similar issues. Interpreting internal stimuli or external cues is not related to conduct disorders.

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library