This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is leading a support group for girls who were sexually abused by their stepfathers. Each ... (Read 28 times)

Haya94

A nurse is leading a support group for girls who were sexually abused by their stepfathers. Each girl made a statement to the group about the experience. The nurse recognizes intellectualization in one of the girls' remarks.

Which statement did the girl make? 1. If my mother hadn't married him, it never would have happened.
  2. I can't remember much of the details.
  3. Sexual abuse happens all of the time in families with stepfathers.
  4. I don't think my stepfather meant me any harm.

Question 2

When discussing indicators of emotionally disturbed children or children with disruptive behavior disorders with a group of student nurses, the psychiatric nurse states that one of the best indicators of emotionally disturbed children is that

they have difficulty: 1. Seeking out peers.
  2. Digesting a balanced diet.
  3. Interpreting internal stimuli or external cues.
  4. Following rules and norms of behavior.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

perkiness

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Stating that sexual abuse happens frequently in families with stepfathers is an example of intellectualization, the separation of an emotion from an idea or thought because it is too painful to be acknowledged. Stating that the stepfather meant no harm is an example of rationalization. Stating that it would not have happened if her mother had not married him is an example of projection. Stating that details are vague is an example of repression.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The central feature of a conduct disorder is repetitive and persistent behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate societal norms or rules are violated. Look for behaviors that show aggression toward people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, or serious violations of parental or school rules. The ability to digest a balanced diet is not an indicator of an emotionally disturbed child. Children with a conduct disorder tend to find peers with similar issues. Interpreting internal stimuli or external cues is not related to conduct disorders.

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library