This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client who repeatedly talks about the role of spirituality in curing ... (Read 25 times)

stephzh

The nurse is caring for a client who repeatedly talks about the role of spirituality in curing depression. Which approach best demonstrates the nurse's acceptance of the client?

1. Listen to the client in a supportive manner.
  2. Share opinions regarding the role of spirituality in daily life.
  3. Encourage the client to consider other curative factors.
  4. Ignore the client's focus on spirituality.

Question 2

The interdisciplinary treatment team is discussing appropriate strategies for a homebound client who has a history of medication nonadherence.

Which of the following rationales should the nurse case manager use when a treatment team member suggests that the nurse case manager make daily home visits to administer medications? 1. My job description does not include medication administration to clients in the home.
  2. My role as case manager is to remain objective and look at the whole picture. If I deliver direct care, I may lose this perspective.
  3. My time is more importantly spent supervising others to provide this type of direct care.
  4. My daily schedule is too full to commit this amount of time to administering medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TheDev123

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Listening to the client in a supportive manner demonstrates that the nurse is refraining from judging the client's position and is willing to listen in order to understand the client's views. Ignoring the client's viewpoint conveys rejection of the client. Encouraging the client to consider other factors disregards the client's communication. Sharing opinions is not a therapeutic use of self.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse case manager's role is to remain the objective, internal consultant, looking at the whole picture. When pulled into delivering the care, the case manager loses perspective and may find important issues clouded. Arguing that the case manager is too busy, too important, or that it is not in the job description does not communicate the importance of the case manager's role and its unique contribution to the care team.

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library