This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse finds the client crying in the room. The client states, I'm so sad and lonely. I'm sitting ... (Read 43 times)

swpotter12

The nurse finds the client crying in the room. The client states, I'm so sad and lonely. I'm sitting here crying like a baby. Which of the following responses best reflects the nurse's sensitivity toward the client?

1. Why don't you come to the dayroom to be with others?
  2. Are you feeling embarrassed because you are crying?
  3. Don't worry about crying. I think you are a fine person.
  4. It's a gray, rainy day. A lot of clients are feeling sad.

Question 2

The nurse case manager is participating in a treatment team meeting where members are discussing treatment options for a client with a history of medication and treatment nonadherence.

The client's health insurance plan does not cover the cost of expensive atypical antipsychotic depot medications. Which of the following is not an appropriate action by the nurse in this situation? 1. Suggesting affordable alternatives for treatment
  2. Discussing possible treatment options with the client
  3. Monitoring the client's response to current medication treatment
  4. Enrolling the client in another health insurance plan

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LP

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Asking the client about feeling embarrassed demonstrates the nurse is trying to understand the client's perspective and is showing genuine interest and concern. Telling the client not to worry or suggesting the client be with other clients invalidates the client's experience. Attributing the client's tears to the weather makes an assumption that discounts and invalidates the client's feelings.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Only the client can enroll in another health insurance plan. The nurse can review health insurance coverage with the client, suggest affordable alternatives for treatment, and discuss possible treatment options to help the client and treatment team make an informed decision. The nurse case manager plays an important role in evaluating and monitoring the client's current response to treatment and progress toward desired outcomes.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library