This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse finds the client crying in the room. The client states, I'm so sad and lonely. I'm sitting ... (Read 45 times)

swpotter12

The nurse finds the client crying in the room. The client states, I'm so sad and lonely. I'm sitting here crying like a baby. Which of the following responses best reflects the nurse's sensitivity toward the client?

1. Why don't you come to the dayroom to be with others?
  2. Are you feeling embarrassed because you are crying?
  3. Don't worry about crying. I think you are a fine person.
  4. It's a gray, rainy day. A lot of clients are feeling sad.

Question 2

The nurse case manager is participating in a treatment team meeting where members are discussing treatment options for a client with a history of medication and treatment nonadherence.

The client's health insurance plan does not cover the cost of expensive atypical antipsychotic depot medications. Which of the following is not an appropriate action by the nurse in this situation? 1. Suggesting affordable alternatives for treatment
  2. Discussing possible treatment options with the client
  3. Monitoring the client's response to current medication treatment
  4. Enrolling the client in another health insurance plan

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LP

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Asking the client about feeling embarrassed demonstrates the nurse is trying to understand the client's perspective and is showing genuine interest and concern. Telling the client not to worry or suggesting the client be with other clients invalidates the client's experience. Attributing the client's tears to the weather makes an assumption that discounts and invalidates the client's feelings.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Only the client can enroll in another health insurance plan. The nurse can review health insurance coverage with the client, suggest affordable alternatives for treatment, and discuss possible treatment options to help the client and treatment team make an informed decision. The nurse case manager plays an important role in evaluating and monitoring the client's current response to treatment and progress toward desired outcomes.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library