This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: One member of a substance-abuse recovery group consistently performs an individual role during the ... (Read 37 times)

imanialler

One member of a substance-abuse recovery group consistently performs an individual role during the group's meetings. Individual roles typically have what effect on group functioning?

A) Disrupt group functioning
  B) Enhance group functioning
  C) Encourage the contributions of others
  D) Have no effect on group functioning

Question 2

A therapy group is in session, and one member shares that she feels hopeless about her future. Another member responds by saying, I felt hopeless once, but then I went back to school to better myself.

It was hard; sometimes I don't know how I did it. But I got great grades, the kids turned out well, and I have a well-paying job. Anyone who wants to can do it. This group member is playing what role?
  A) Group task role
  B) Group building role
  C) Individual role
  D) Group maintenance role

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liddy

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Individual roles are those that meet only the needs of the group member, not of the group. They hamper rather than enhance group functioning. They support individual needs and goals, not group needs and goals.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Individual roles are those that meet only the needs of the group member, not of the group. They support individual needs and goals, not group needs and goals. Examples include aggressor, blocker, recognition seeker, play person, or dominator.

imanialler

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library