This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: One member of a substance-abuse recovery group consistently performs an individual role during the ... (Read 39 times)

imanialler

One member of a substance-abuse recovery group consistently performs an individual role during the group's meetings. Individual roles typically have what effect on group functioning?

A) Disrupt group functioning
  B) Enhance group functioning
  C) Encourage the contributions of others
  D) Have no effect on group functioning

Question 2

A therapy group is in session, and one member shares that she feels hopeless about her future. Another member responds by saying, I felt hopeless once, but then I went back to school to better myself.

It was hard; sometimes I don't know how I did it. But I got great grades, the kids turned out well, and I have a well-paying job. Anyone who wants to can do it. This group member is playing what role?
  A) Group task role
  B) Group building role
  C) Individual role
  D) Group maintenance role

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liddy

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Individual roles are those that meet only the needs of the group member, not of the group. They hamper rather than enhance group functioning. They support individual needs and goals, not group needs and goals.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Individual roles are those that meet only the needs of the group member, not of the group. They support individual needs and goals, not group needs and goals. Examples include aggressor, blocker, recognition seeker, play person, or dominator.

imanialler

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library