This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Shortly after admission, a psychiatricmental health client has been placed on a clinical pathway. A ... (Read 52 times)

crobinson2013

Shortly after admission, a psychiatricmental health client has been placed on a clinical pathway. A clinical pathway is best described as what?

A) A prewritten nursing care plan
  B) A standard of care
  C) A multidisciplinary plan of care
  D) A classification system

Question 2

A client with three children (11, 9, and 6 years of age) seeks preventive treatment at a mental health clinic.

She states, I'm here before I go crazy The kids don't listen. I yell at them and then, rather than argue constantly, I give in. What a great mom, huh? My mom and dad were very permissive with me, but I was more cooperative and willing to behave. Which of the following diagnoses is best?
  A) Health-Seeking Behaviors related to desire for a more stable home environment as evidenced by statement, I'm here before I go crazy
  B) Situational Low Self-esteem related to ironic statement What a great mom as evidenced by desire for help
  C) Ineffective Coping related to inability to effectively discipline children and evidenced by statements about disciplining patterns
  D) Impaired Parenting related to a lack of knowledge about parenting skills as evidenced by statements about feelings of ineffectiveness

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carissamariew

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Clinical pathways are similar to standardized nursing care plans, but they are designed for the entire treatment team.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
The nurse chooses the appropriate diagnosis from the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) list by examining definitions, considering related and risk factors, and choosing a diagnostic concept that fits the assessment data. The nurse adds a descriptor (ie, impaired) and an etiology, or a related to phrase, to provide a precise representation of the patient's needs. Defining characteristics, the third part of the nursing diagnosis, are the subjective and objective data (signs and symptoms) that must be present to substantiate use of the diagnoses. The client's perceived deficits in her parenting ability are central to her statement.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library