This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Shortly after admission, a psychiatricmental health client has been placed on a clinical pathway. A ... (Read 53 times)

crobinson2013

Shortly after admission, a psychiatricmental health client has been placed on a clinical pathway. A clinical pathway is best described as what?

A) A prewritten nursing care plan
  B) A standard of care
  C) A multidisciplinary plan of care
  D) A classification system

Question 2

A client with three children (11, 9, and 6 years of age) seeks preventive treatment at a mental health clinic.

She states, I'm here before I go crazy The kids don't listen. I yell at them and then, rather than argue constantly, I give in. What a great mom, huh? My mom and dad were very permissive with me, but I was more cooperative and willing to behave. Which of the following diagnoses is best?
  A) Health-Seeking Behaviors related to desire for a more stable home environment as evidenced by statement, I'm here before I go crazy
  B) Situational Low Self-esteem related to ironic statement What a great mom as evidenced by desire for help
  C) Ineffective Coping related to inability to effectively discipline children and evidenced by statements about disciplining patterns
  D) Impaired Parenting related to a lack of knowledge about parenting skills as evidenced by statements about feelings of ineffectiveness

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carissamariew

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Clinical pathways are similar to standardized nursing care plans, but they are designed for the entire treatment team.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
The nurse chooses the appropriate diagnosis from the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) list by examining definitions, considering related and risk factors, and choosing a diagnostic concept that fits the assessment data. The nurse adds a descriptor (ie, impaired) and an etiology, or a related to phrase, to provide a precise representation of the patient's needs. Defining characteristics, the third part of the nursing diagnosis, are the subjective and objective data (signs and symptoms) that must be present to substantiate use of the diagnoses. The client's perceived deficits in her parenting ability are central to her statement.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library