This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client who is HIV-seropositive continues to use heroin on a daily basis, often shooting up with ... (Read 28 times)

Brittanyd9008

A client who is HIV-seropositive continues to use heroin on a daily basis, often shooting up with other addicted individuals. The client has agreed that his behavior endangers others and has agreed not to share needles.

What can the nurse give as a realistic estimate for success in attaining this outcome?
  1. Low potential for achievement
  2. Moderate potential for achievement
  3. High potential for achievement
  4. Ultra-high potential for achievement

Question 2

Which remark by a client would suggest that the treatment plan for a client with AIDS has been successful in promoting decisional control?

1. I recognize that what I've lost, I will never be able to regain.
  2. I've learned enough about my disease to be able to make informed decisions.
  3. I'll be happy when my suffering comes to an end and I can join my partner.
  4. I see no advantage in antiviral therapy. The side effects are worse than the symptoms of AIDS.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dpost18

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
Despite the client's good intentions not to share needles, he will not care who uses his needle once the heroin takes effect. The other options are unrealistically optimistic. High-risk behaviors are difficult to change. They are hard to discuss and harder still to achieve when they are drug-related, since substance use alters judgment.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
This response reflects the client's satisfaction with his knowledge of the disease and his ability to make informed decisions. Option 1 has a sense of powerlessness. Option 3 shows resignation to impending death. Option 4 reflects a poor quality of life.

Brittanyd9008

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library