This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a grief-processing group, an elderly client stated, For the first time since my husband died, ... (Read 28 times)

ericka1

During a grief-processing group, an elderly client stated, For the first time since my husband died, I'm having more good days than bad. This statement suggests that the client has:

1. Completed her grief work successfully
  2. Determined she is ready to terminate the support group
  3. Reached the phase of reestablishment
  4. Replaced old memories with new ones

Question 2

A client had returned from attending the service memorializing his wife, who died after a sudden illness.

Although those around him were visibly saddened, he smiled and remained in control. He re-fused support from friends, stating, I can handle anything that comes my way. The client's be-havior is an example of:
  1. Conflicted grief
  2. Inhibited grief
  3. Distorted grief
  4. An expected male response to loss

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LVPMS

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Reestablishment is the gradual decrease in symptoms. There are not enough data to support op-tions 1, 2, or 4.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
The statement indicates inhibited grief that is characterized by minimal emotional expression of grief. There are not enough data to support option 1, conflicted grief, which involves ambiva-lence in the relationship with the departed. Distorted grief (option 3) is not one of the standard types, and there is no expected male response to loss (option 4).

ericka1

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library