Author Question: A couple comes to the sexual disorders clinic stating that the husband, who had actively sought sex ... (Read 25 times)

jerry coleman

A couple comes to the sexual disorders clinic stating that the husband, who had actively sought sex several times a week, was now uninterested much of the time and barely able to perform.

He states he loves his wife but just isn't interested sex anymore since he was diagnosed with di-abetes. The nurse establishes the nursing diagnosis Sexual dysfunction. An appropriate etiologic statement would be:
  1. Related to incompatible love maps of the partners
  2. Related to spectatoring by the husband
  3. Related to ineffective communication patterns
  4. Related to neurologic effects of diabetes

Question 2

A client approaches a clinic nurse in the waiting room and states, I'd like to talk with you about a sexual problem I'm having. The nurse can best facilitate the interview by:

1. Offering, Go ahead if you like. I have time to listen.
  2. Suggesting, Let's sit over there in the corner to discuss this.
  3. Saying, Let's go into my office where there's more privacy.
  4. Asking, I'm rather busy today; can we talk at your next appointment?

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
Option 4 is the only option related to hard data presented in the scenario. Clients with diabetes often suffer neurologic changes that affect sexual abilities.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
It is the nurse's obligation to ensure a private, quiet space for assessment, ample time, and an un-hurried attitude. Options 1 and 2 fail to provide privacy. Option 3 cuts the client off.