This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The physician ordered that the medication Depo-Provera 500 mg be administered to a client be-ing ... (Read 18 times)

audragclark

The physician ordered that the medication Depo-Provera 500 mg be administered to a client be-ing treated for a pedophilia. Which finding is directly related to this medication?

1. Increased testosterone levels
  2. Elevated diastolic blood pressure
  3. Loss of appetite and weight loss
  4. Increased motor activity

Question 2

A client loves to baby-sit his 3-year-old and 5-year-old nieces. Frequently, he fondles them while they sit on his lap and touches them inappropriately.

After the girls were observed touching their dolls the same way, they confessed that their uncle had done this to them. Which statement indicates the uncle's use of rationalization?
  1. The children always want me to hold them in my lap.
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me.
  3. It's your fault for expecting me to baby-sit for you.
  4. My baby-sitter used to do the same things to me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Christopher

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Blood pressure may become elevated with this therapy. For this reason, BP is routinely taken be-fore the drug is administered. If the diastolic BP is over 100, the medication is withheld and the physician notified. 1. The opposite is expected. 3. Clients frequently report weight gain. 4. Activ-ity and energy level usually decrease.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
This statement attempts to justify his behavior by using rationalization. Option 1 shows use of projection. Option 2 shows use of denial. Option 3 shows use of projection.

audragclark

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library