This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The physician ordered that the medication Depo-Provera 500 mg be administered to a client be-ing ... (Read 19 times)

audragclark

The physician ordered that the medication Depo-Provera 500 mg be administered to a client be-ing treated for a pedophilia. Which finding is directly related to this medication?

1. Increased testosterone levels
  2. Elevated diastolic blood pressure
  3. Loss of appetite and weight loss
  4. Increased motor activity

Question 2

A client loves to baby-sit his 3-year-old and 5-year-old nieces. Frequently, he fondles them while they sit on his lap and touches them inappropriately.

After the girls were observed touching their dolls the same way, they confessed that their uncle had done this to them. Which statement indicates the uncle's use of rationalization?
  1. The children always want me to hold them in my lap.
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me.
  3. It's your fault for expecting me to baby-sit for you.
  4. My baby-sitter used to do the same things to me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Christopher

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Blood pressure may become elevated with this therapy. For this reason, BP is routinely taken be-fore the drug is administered. If the diastolic BP is over 100, the medication is withheld and the physician notified. 1. The opposite is expected. 3. Clients frequently report weight gain. 4. Activ-ity and energy level usually decrease.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
This statement attempts to justify his behavior by using rationalization. Option 1 shows use of projection. Option 2 shows use of denial. Option 3 shows use of projection.

audragclark

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library