Author Question: A client being interviewed at the community health clinic stated to the nurse, I have a sexual ... (Read 7 times)

Shelles

A client being interviewed at the community health clinic stated to the nurse, I have a sexual problem. Which comment would lead the nurse to identify the problem a dyspareunia?

1. I cannot maintain adequate lubrication during intercourse.
  2. I do not enjoy sexual intercourse and try to avoid it.
  3. I experience genital pain during intercourse.
  4. My perineal muscles contract at the wrong times during intercourse.

Question 2

Which intervention is required before administering the medication Depo-Provera to a client?

1. Assessing client height and weight
  2. Determining intake of alcoholic beverages
  3. Obtaining informed consent
  4. Educating about a tyramine-free diet

mbcrismon

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Genital pain is a manifestation of dyspareunia. Option 1 is consistent with female sexual arousal disorder. Option 2 is consistent with hypoactive sexual disorder. Option 4 is consistent with vaginismus.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Because of the drug's effects and side effects, the client must give written consent before the drug can be administered initially. The client can withdraw consent at any time. 1. This medica-tion dose is not dependent on body weight. 2. Alcohol consumption is not a factor in determin-ing use of this medication. 4. This measure is not relevant.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library