This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of these client behaviors would the nurse assess as indicating a potential relapse in a ... (Read 11 times)

michelleunicorn

Which of these client behaviors would the nurse assess as indicating a potential relapse in a para-philic?

1. Requesting a visit from family members
  2. Refusing to take the prescribed medications
  3. Sitting alone in the day room writing poetry
  4. Attempting to develop a social relationship with the staff

Question 2

A client asks, Why do I have to go to group and sit around and talk? I'd rather read. The nurse can base a reply on knowledge that the purpose of group psychotherapy for clients with paraphil-ias is to deal with cognitive distortions and to:

1. Assist clients in identifying triggers that may affect their behavior
  2. Teach clients how to therapeutically interact with others
  3. Explain legal implications involved with certain sexual behaviors
  4. Explore methods to structure time to assist in relapse prevention

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

manuelcastillo

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Refusal to take prescribed medication is often associated with denial of the problem. Option 1 is a positive sign. Option 3 is a way of expressing feelings constructively. Option 4 is inappropriate but does not signal relapse.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1
Learning to identify events and feelings that trigger dysfunctional behavior will decrease the risk to society. 2. This is not the purpose of a group for clients with paraphilias. 3. It is unlikely that legal implications will be the focus of the group. 4. This is more likely the purpose of activities therapy, OT, or RT.

michelleunicorn

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library