Author Question: Which client statement would the nurse recognize as indicating that the client understands dietary ... (Read 28 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

Which client statement would the nurse recognize as indicating that the client understands dietary teaching related to lithium carbonate (Lithobid) treatment?

A. I will limit my intake of fluids daily.
  B. I will maintain normal salt intake.
  C. I will take Lithobid on an empty stomach.
  D. I will increase my caloric intake to prevent weight loss.

Question 2

A nurse learns at report that a newly admitted client experiencing mania is demonstrating grandiose delusions. The nurse should recognize that which client statement would provide supportive evidence of this symptom?

A. I can't stop my sexual urges. They have led me to numerous affairs.
  B. I'm the world's most perceptive attorney.
  C. My wife is distraught about my overspending.
  D. The FBI is out to get me.

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

B
A client taking Lithobid should be taught not to skimp on dietary sodium intake. He or she should take Lithobid on a full stomach to avoid gastrointestinal upset and choose lower-calorie foods to prevent weight gain.

Answer to Question 2

B
Grandiosity is defined as a belief that personal abilities are better than anyone else's. This client is experiencing delusions of grandeur, which are commonly experienced in mania.