This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a counseling session, the mother of one of the clients with an eating disorder states to the ... (Read 27 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

During a counseling session, the mother of one of the clients with an eating disorder states to the nurse, I feel like such a failure. How can I be sure my daughter has no more problems like this? Which response is the most therapeutic?

1. You are not responsible for your daughter's behavior.
  2. Avoid giving advice and engaging in power struggles with your daughter.
  3. It sounds like you are blaming yourself for your daughter's problems.
  4. Try to ignore any problems your daughter has related to her eating disorder.

Question 2

When a psychiatric technician questions the nurse about comorbidity of eating disorders, which Axis I disorder would the nurse say is most commonly seen in clients with bulimia and anorexia nervosa?

1. Anxiety disorders
  2. Depressive disorders
  3. Dissociative disorders
  4. Somatoform disorders

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickyvicksss

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
In this response the nurse responds to the mother's sense of failure and encourages elaboration. 1. This statement is true, but putting it in these terms may block further elaboration by the other. 2. Giving advice does not allow for clarification of the mother's feelings. 4. This is not a realistic approach and does not address the mother's concern.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Depression is diagnosed in 40 to 75 of individuals with eating disorders. The other disorders listed are not usually associated with eating disorders.

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library