This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse learns at report that a newly admitted manic client is demonstrating grandiosity. Which ... (Read 70 times)

faduma

The nurse learns at report that a newly admitted manic client is demonstrating grandiosity. Which statement would be most consistent with this symptom?

1. I can't do anything anymore.
  2. I'm the world's most astute financier.
  3. I can understand why my wife is upset that I overspend.
  4. I can't understand where all the money in our family goes.

Question 2

A family member asks the nurse about possible medications to treat somatization disorders. The nurse replies that which class of medication is frequently used?

1. Hypnotics
  2. Lithium
  3. Antidepressants
  4. Anticonvulsants

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shewald78

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
An individual who is demonstrating grandiosity has an exaggerated view of his abilities. Option 2 demonstrates this thinking better than the other options, which are more moderate statements.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Hypnotics (option 1) are used as sleep aids. Lithium (option 2) and anticonvulsants (option 4) are used for bipolar conditions. Antidepressants (option 3) are widely used to treat somatoform dis-orders.

faduma

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library