This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has begun to treat a client as a mutual friend, focusing on topics of social interest and ... (Read 15 times)

bobbie

The nurse has begun to treat a client as a mutual friend, focusing on topics of social interest and seeking support from the client. The result that can be anticipated is most likely to be:

1. Blurred boundaries and role confusion
  2. Establishment and maintenance of trust
  3. Client experiencing freedom to grow
  4. Collaboration to determine client needs

Question 2

A client states I can't stand my mother. She's always interfering. The nurse responds, I know what you mean. My mother is very controlling, too. What assessment can be made by the nurse mentor who overhears the interchange?

1. The client has unhealthy boundaries.
  2. The nurse's response was subjective.
  3. The nurse-client relationship is in the working phase.
  4. The nurse is establishing the client-centered goals.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jmfn03

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
Becoming the client's friend is a negative event, shifting the focus from client needs, changing the purpose of the relationship, and resulting in boundary blurring and role confusion. The other choices are positive in nature.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Option 2 is correct; subjective responses emphasize the nurse's feelings, attitudes, and opinions. Options 1 and 3 are incorrect because there are insufficient data to make either of these assess-ments. Option 4 is incorrect because the nurse's response is not objective or client-centered.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library