This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which remark by a patient would suggest that the treatment plan for a patient with AIDS has been ... (Read 38 times)

joblessjake

Which remark by a patient would suggest that the treatment plan for a patient with AIDS has been successful in promoting decisional control?

a. I recognize that what I've lost, I will never be able to regain.
  b. I've learned enough about my disease to be able to make informed decisions.
  c. I'll be happy when my suffering comes to an end and I can join my partner.
  d. I see no advantage in antiviral therapy. The side effects are worse than the symptoms of AIDS.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing to teach a patient who is newly diagnosed with diabetes about medications and blood testing. As the teaching occurs, the nurse knows that effective coping will depend to a great degree on the patient's:

a. Perceived self-efficacy
  b. External locus of control
  c. Religious belief systems
  d. Number of significant others

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

perkiness

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
This response reflects the patient's satisfaction with his knowledge of the disease and his ability to make informed decisions. Suggesting limitations has a sense of powerlessness. Dis-cussing what happens after death shows resignation to impending death. Discussing side ef-fects reflects a poor quality of life.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Research has shown that, especially with chronic diseases, perceived self-efficacy (internal locus of control) increases the likelihood of managing difficult situations. External locus of control is associated with uncontrollable factors. A particular religion has not been associated with effective coping and the number of significant others have not been influential.

joblessjake

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

upturnedfurball

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library