This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A severely depressed patient has been prescribed clomipramine (Anafranil). For which medication side ... (Read 12 times)

bobthebuilder

A severely depressed patient has been prescribed clomipramine (Anafranil). For which medication side effects should the patient be monitored?

a. Excess salivation and drooling
  b. Muscle rigidity and restlessness
  c. Polyuria and coarse hand tremors
  d. Orthostatic hypotension and constipation

Question 2

Which of these statements made by a patient taking the MAOI phenelzine (Nardil) would warrant further instruction?

a. I often forget to wear sunscreen when I go outside.
  b. I need to restrict the amount of sodium in my diet.
  c. I should not use over-the-counter cold medications.
  d. I usually order liver and onions when my wife and I eat out.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Moriaki

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Alpha1 blockade produces orthostatic hypotension, and cholinergic blockade produces con-stipation. Mild tremors and urinary retention may occur. Drooling and excessive salvation may occur with SSRIs. Muscle rigidity and restlessness may occur with antipsychotics.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
MAOIs require patients to observe a tyramine-free diet to prevent hypertensive crisis. Liver is a food that contains large amounts of tyramine. The remaining options have no relevance for MAOI therapy.

bobthebuilder

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library