This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the statements made by the patient would be most indicative of dyssomnia? a. I think I ... (Read 8 times)

skymedlock

Which of the statements made by the patient would be most indicative of dyssomnia?

a. I think I am seeing things when I wake up.
  b. My wife says I snore and even stop breathing.
  c. I go to sleep okay but then wake up several times at night.
  d. My wife says I sit straight up in bed at 2 AM and then say strange things.

Question 2

Which statement indicates to the nurse that a patient requires additional education re-garding appropriate sleep hygiene?

a. I will try to avoid daytime napping.
  b. Relaxing music may help relax me for sleep.
  c. Exercising before bed will make me good and tired.
  d. I need to cut back on my four daily cups of coffee.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ju

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The dyssomnia known as insomnia is characterized by a predominant complaint of difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep. Snoring is a characteristic of obstructive sleep apnea. The other options are seen in narcolepsy.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Avoiding physical exercise or mental stimulation just before bedtime will usually support healthy sleep patterns. The remaining options are all good sleep hygiene practices.

skymedlock

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library