This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has nephrotic syndrome. Which of these statements made by the patient indicates that she ... (Read 19 times)

AEWBW

A patient has nephrotic syndrome. Which of these statements made by the patient indicates that she understands the dietary modifications?

a. I will need to increase protein and decrease sodium intake.
  b. I will need to drink more milk to get my calcium.
  c. Carbohydrate restriction will be difficult.
  d. Potassium restriction won't be hard since I don't like fruit.

Question 2

An older patient is demonstrating signs of dehydration. Which action should the nurse initiate first?

A) Minimize food intake and maximize fluid intake
  B) Advocate for the initiation of intravenous rehydration
  C) Initiate monitoring and recording of fluid intake and output
  D) Ask that the physician order blood work to confirm or rule out dehydration

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sultansheikh

Answer to Question 1

A
Medical management for nephrotic syndrome depends on the extent of tissue involvement and may include the use of corticosteroids and a low-sodium, high-protein diet.

Answer to Question 2

C
When dehydration is suspected, the nurse should monitor and record fluid intake and output. This would likely precede IV rehydration and blood work, and minimizing food intake would be an inappropriate action.

AEWBW

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library