This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The wife of a patient with moderate to severe dementia tells the nurse, I'm exhausted. He wanders at ... (Read 92 times)

erika

The wife of a patient with moderate to severe dementia tells the nurse, I'm exhausted. He wanders at night instead of sleeping, so I get no rest.

I'm afraid to leave him during the day, so I have to take him with me wherever I go. The nurse recognizes the need to provide teaching for this caregiver. An appropriate outcome for this teaching would include:
  a. Experiences less stress indicated by improved sleep patterns
  b. Feels comfortable leaving the patient in the care of others occasionally
  c. No longer experiences resentment concerning the need to care for the patient
  d. Feels at peace with the decision to admit the patient to an appropriate care facility

Question 2

Which complaint is representative of anxiety in a 6-year-old child?

a. I worry that my dad will get hurt at work.
  b. I get a stomach ache when it's my weekend at my dad's house.
  c. I can't sleep when I stay at Grandma's because I worry about my mom.
  d. I'm not going to sports camp because I don't like being away from my friends.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mrphibs

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Stress reduction allowing for better rest is an appropriate outcome. The other options are not necessarily appropriate nor will they result in improvement for the caregiver.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Developmental differences exist with regard to the symptoms of anxiety. Children between the ages of 5 and 8 years old most commonly report unrealistic worry about harm to their parents. Between the ages of 9 and 12 years, children report excessive distress during times of separation. Adolescents typically report somatic complaints.

erika

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

CAPTAINAMERICA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library