This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is experiencing distress with midlife transition. Which statement provides sup-port that ... (Read 39 times)

Chloeellawright

A patient is experiencing distress with midlife transition. Which statement provides sup-port that the patient is successfully managing this stressor?

a. I won't give up on my dream to be rich.
  b. Being rich doesn't necessarily make a person happy.
  c. I'll never be rich but I can save enough to live comfortably.
  d. I wasn't being realistic when I set being rich as my life's goal.

Question 2

According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the nursing strategies a psychiatric nurse would use to assist in meeting self-esteem needs of elderly patients would include:

a. Providing privacy when spouses are visiting
  b. Arranging for the spouses to dine with the patients when visiting
  c. Including both the patients and spouses in all educational sessions
  d. Attending to patient hygiene and dress in preparation for spousal visits

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xMRAZ

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The midlife transition occurs between the ages of 40 and 45 years. Individuals face the reali-zation that the failure to accomplish all of life's goals leads first to disappointment and then to the reformulation of earlier goals. The remaining options do not show a reforming of orig-inal goals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Promoting an attractive physical appearance will assist patients in meeting the need for self-esteem. Patients receive positive feedback when appearance is attractive. The remaining options are not directly focused on self-esteem but rather belonging and safety.

Chloeellawright

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

lindahyatt42

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library