This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is experiencing distress with midlife transition. Which statement provides sup-port that ... (Read 40 times)

Chloeellawright

A patient is experiencing distress with midlife transition. Which statement provides sup-port that the patient is successfully managing this stressor?

a. I won't give up on my dream to be rich.
  b. Being rich doesn't necessarily make a person happy.
  c. I'll never be rich but I can save enough to live comfortably.
  d. I wasn't being realistic when I set being rich as my life's goal.

Question 2

According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the nursing strategies a psychiatric nurse would use to assist in meeting self-esteem needs of elderly patients would include:

a. Providing privacy when spouses are visiting
  b. Arranging for the spouses to dine with the patients when visiting
  c. Including both the patients and spouses in all educational sessions
  d. Attending to patient hygiene and dress in preparation for spousal visits

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xMRAZ

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The midlife transition occurs between the ages of 40 and 45 years. Individuals face the reali-zation that the failure to accomplish all of life's goals leads first to disappointment and then to the reformulation of earlier goals. The remaining options do not show a reforming of orig-inal goals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Promoting an attractive physical appearance will assist patients in meeting the need for self-esteem. Patients receive positive feedback when appearance is attractive. The remaining options are not directly focused on self-esteem but rather belonging and safety.

Chloeellawright

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

tandmlomax84

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library