This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, the client states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The ... (Read 29 times)

Pea0909berry

During an interview, the client states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The nurse interprets this as which of the following?

A) Negative emotion
  B) Positive emotion
  C) Borderline emotion
  D) Nonemotion

Question 2

A group of students is reviewing the events associated with the fight-or-flight response. They demonstrate understanding of the information when they identify that which of the following results from sympathetic nervous stimulation?

A) Hypoglycemia
  B) Tachycardia
  C) Hypotension
  D) Hypercoagulability

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cegalasso

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Negative emotions occur when there is a threat to, delay in, or thwarting of a goal or a conflict between goals; these emotions include anger, fright, anxiety, guilt, shame, sadness, envy, jealousy, and disgust. Positive emotions occur when there is movement toward, or attainment of, a goal; examples include happiness, pride, relief, and love. Borderline emotions are somewhat ambiguous and include hope, compassion, empathy, sympathy, and contentment. Nonemotions connote emotional reactions but are too ambiguous to fit into any of the preceding categories; these include confidence, awe, confusion, and excitement.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
With the fight-or-flight response, the sympathetic nervous system is activated, leading to an increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar. Hyperactivation of the hemostatic and coagulation systems, leading to hypercoagulability to prevent excessive bleeding from wounds, also occurs, but it is not related to sympathetic nervous system activation.

Pea0909berry

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library