This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, a patient states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The nurse ... (Read 38 times)

ghost!

During an interview, a patient states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The nurse interprets this as which of the following?

A) Negative emotion
  B) Positive emotion
  C) Borderline emotion
  D) Nonemotion

Question 2

The nurse has admitted a client who was brought to the emergency room complaining of severe chest pain. The medical diagnosis is myocardial infarction. The client states, This can't be true. I have always been very healthy.

This statement indicates this client is experiencing: a. secondary gains
  b. shock and denial
  c. role conflict
  d. loss and grief

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rleezy04

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
The client is most likely experiencing shock and denial. Denial is a very common reaction when faced with a life-threatening illness. It is often less emotionally taxing for clients to distance themselves from a life-threatening diagnosis through denial than to deal with the uncertainty of the future. Other emotions that are common, particularly among cardiac patients, are anger and guilt.

ghost!

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library