This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, a patient states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The nurse ... (Read 45 times)

ghost!

During an interview, a patient states, I feel so guilty, and I'm so ashamed of what I did. The nurse interprets this as which of the following?

A) Negative emotion
  B) Positive emotion
  C) Borderline emotion
  D) Nonemotion

Question 2

The nurse has admitted a client who was brought to the emergency room complaining of severe chest pain. The medical diagnosis is myocardial infarction. The client states, This can't be true. I have always been very healthy.

This statement indicates this client is experiencing: a. secondary gains
  b. shock and denial
  c. role conflict
  d. loss and grief

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rleezy04

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
The client is most likely experiencing shock and denial. Denial is a very common reaction when faced with a life-threatening illness. It is often less emotionally taxing for clients to distance themselves from a life-threatening diagnosis through denial than to deal with the uncertainty of the future. Other emotions that are common, particularly among cardiac patients, are anger and guilt.

ghost!

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library