This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Shortly after an adolescent's parents announce a plan to divorce, the teen stops participating in ... (Read 25 times)

james

Shortly after an adolescent's parents announce a plan to divorce, the teen stops participating in sports, sits alone at lunch, and avoids former friends. The adolescent says, If my parents loved me, then they would work out their problems.

What nursing diagnosis is most applicable?

a. Ineffective coping
  b. Decisional conflict
  c. Chronic low self-esteem
  d. Disturbed personal identity

Question 2

When group therapy is to be used as a treatment modality, the nurse should suggest placing a 9-year-old in a group that uses:

a. play activities exclusively.
  b. group discussion exclusively.
  c. talk focused on a specific issue.
  d. play and talk about the play activity.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

marict

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Ineffective coping is evident in the adolescent's response to family stress and discord. Adolescents value peer interactions, and yet this child has eliminated that source of support. The distracters are not supported by the data in this scenario.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Group therapy for young children takes the form of play. For elementary school children, therapy combines play and talk about the activity. For adolescents, group therapy involves more talking.

james

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library