This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An adult who was widowed 18 months ago says, I can now remember good times we shared without getting ... (Read 18 times)

jazziefee

An adult who was widowed 18 months ago says, I can now remember good times we shared without getting upset. Sometimes I even think about the disappointments. I've become accustomed to sleeping in our bed alone. The work of mourning:

a. is beginning.
  b. is progressing abnormally.
  c. is at or near completion.
  d. has not begun.

Question 2

After being notified that her husband died of heart failure, a wife approaches the nurse who cared for her husband and in the hospital hallway shouts angrily, He'd still be alive if you'd given him your undivided attention

Select the nurse's best response.

a. I understand you're feeling upset. Let's go to our conference room, and I'll stay with you until your family comes.
  b. Your husband's heart was severely damaged and could no longer pump. There's nothing anyone could have done.
  c. I will call the nursing supervisor to discuss this matter with you.
  d. It will be all right if you cry. Crying is a normal grief response.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The work of mourning has been successfully completed when the bereaved can remember both the positive and negative memories about the deceased and when the task of restructuring the relationship with the deceased is completed.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
When a bereaved family member behaves in a disturbed manner, the nurse should show patience and tact while offering sympathy and warmth. Moving the individual to a private area so as not to disturb others is important. The incorrect options are defensive, evasive, or placating.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library